Sarah shares her packing list for creativity while travelling.
"Packing light for a trip is important but you can still include some small supplies to keep you creative while you are away. Do you like to sketch? Paint? Photograph? Or journal? How about combining all four into a vacation project that you will cherish forever?
Here’s what you need:
- a journal: I love moleskine journals. They are lightweight and can fit into a carry-on or camera bag.
- a camera: my go to camera is the Canon Rebel T2i with two lenses: 18-135mm and a 60mm macro.
- a phone with camera capabilities: a lightweight alternative to the camera
- a small pencil case: filled with your favorite pens, pencils, eraser and pencil sharpener
- a small travel set of watercolour paints: Windsor Newton has a travel case that is about the size of a credit card and comes with its own paint brush
All these items are small enough to fit in my carry-on bag so I can reach them at a moments notice. In addition, I have my laptop computer so that I can easily upload my photos to keep a backup and to keep my cameras disk clear for many photo opportunities. Some options for comfortable yet stylish bags include Crumpler (Australian made and many options for cameras and laptops) and Epiphanie Bags (more designer oriented camera bags)."